Sunday, November 9, 2014

Quick 2 minute fall drink ( best for bedtime )


This is my absolute favorite drink for an all year-round bedtime drink , which I think is suitable for fall that is.

When I was little my mom always told me to drink a cuppa milk before I went to sleep for sweet dreams and a lovely evening. I never did like plain milk since I was little ( unless it is with cereal or something of course ), so I drank it all up with sugar which of course again UNHEALTHY :(

I came up with this concoction late September because fall was coming up. I did not want to run into Starbucks everyday to grab a pumpkin spice latte before bed, So I just randomly came up with this with all the stuff from m y fridge and pantry.

Here it is I guess it is called " Spiced Bedtime milk " and It is healthier ( white sugar free ), I also came up with a vegan offer.

Ingredients ( for one small mug )

1/4 to 1/2 cup of full fat cows milk ( organic ) / vegan option vanilla soy milk
A few drops of pure vanilla extract
1 ts of raw honey / vegan option agave nectar or maple syrup
A dash of cinnamon powder spice
A pinch of star anise powder and nutmeg powder spice
A dash of Pumpkin spice mix
Palm/ Coconut sugar ( optional )

toppings:

Whipped cream
Dairy free chocolate chips
Cinnamon powder spice

Steps

1 ) pour all the milk into the mug, followed by all the dry spices, honey, and palm sugar. Mix well
2) Microwave for 30 seconds or until lightly warm, take it out with a towel slowly out of the microwave.
3) add in the vanilla and microwave for another 10 seconds or until warm and toasty.
4) take your mug out and finish it off with whipped cream, a dash of cinnamon powder and some dairy free chocolate chips ( optional )

ENJOY !!!

tips

Want it during summer or on a hot day ? top off with ice cubes and shake in a cocktail shaker or air tight water bottle to create a cold effect

Add different stuff in there I tried salted caramel syrup, vanilla syrup, and other things.

Use it to make your nightly/morning coffer or tea shine !

Ideal for campouts and sleepovers , it pairs great with smores and cookies !

Notes :

I usually get my vegan products at whole foods or trader joe's as there is a wider variety

I love to top it with this combo : whipped cream + crumbled choco chip cookies + chocolate syrup

As I said before best suitable for bedtime as a warming joyful drink !

I hoped you guys enjoy this recipe that is very simple and easy to make, It only takes me around 2 minutes.

Please comment down below, request for some things !!

Next recipe : Mango Spiced lassi

Share this blog and make your lives happier !!

Sincerely ,

Ms.Spice





No comments:

Post a Comment