Sunday, November 9, 2014

Spiced fusion mango lassi and blog talk

I would not necessarily call this a traditional Indian lassi that I would get at my local Indian market or  cafe. It is different than the usual because it is mixed with a little bit of fusion cuisines and tastes. It has some Indian tastes, using the Punjabi type style coming along with British Indian tastes, an American milkshake texture, a cross between a smoothie and of course it is fall so I needed to spice it up with some flavor. It is pronounced LUH-SEE, as one of my Indian teacher's said so I came up with this idea to do it.

 I paired it up beautifully in a plastic mason jar I purchased it target to make it look nice. Taste wise I would rate it four point five out of five stars, that is because it is hard to find Indian ingredients here where I live. It starts of with the spice kick up the straw, that is the first thing you taste then the soft sense of mango hits you in the face with that creamy obey gooey texture. In fact it is so good I am sipping on it right now.


I also made this recipe a vegan option, this is a healthier version of  the original lassi and this one is lower in calories a swell, it can also be packed with protein.

So here it is, hope you all enjoy !

Spiced fusion mango lassi

Ingredients

For the base :

1 medum sized mango peeled and sliced into small peices or one small box of sliced mangoes from the store

1-3 tbs of full fat cows milk or soymilk ( I used soymilk to make it healthier )

about 1/8 of a cup of indian style yogurt or full fat greek thick yogurt

crushed ice cubes, I used about 1/2 of a cup

100 to 200 ml of pure water

For the flavorings

Pure 100% vanilla extract
a few pinches of Coarse sea salt ( I used himalayan )
as much honey or agave nectar as you would like, I used a lot ( you can use white caster sugar if you wanted to )

Spices :

I used cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin spice

other spices I reccomend :

all spice

star anise

ginger powder

cardamom powder

and other sweet spice powders

Equipment :

measuring spoons

measuring pyrex pint

serving glass

blender

bowl ( optional, to put any of your ingredients in there.

Steps :

1 ) if you haven't so chop and slice the mangoes

2 ) add in all of the base ingredients into the blender  and blend for 30 seconds or until smooth ( I used a nutri bullet, so it was not that time consuming )

2) after blending give it a good mix and add in your spices, blend for another 10 seconds

3) mix and add in your flavorings, blend for another 10-20 seconds. It should be silky smooth

4) pour into a serving glass and garnish with some mint and extra spice powder on the top.

ENJOY !!

Information :

serves : 1-2 people ( in small glasses ) , or 1 person ( in a big glass )

prep and blending  time : 3-5 minutes, total time : 6 minutes

Thanks for supporting me PLEASE COMMENT !!!

sincerely ,

BeachBabe

BLOG TALK :

Hey all !!,

I have just started my blog recently andI am just saying that I am not a PRO AT BLOGGER ! , I tried to insert pic's from my i-pad to my blog on the device, although when I check it on my computer ( windows software ) it does not pop up. I need some help with blogger please. Comment down below for some information

I am really interested with this blog stuff, if you have any SUGGESTIONS,REQUESTS or OTHER COMMENTS, please comment down below and tell me !!

Copy right my words and blog : I would just like to notify that all of my writing pieces are original and my own words, please COPYRIGHT for me and my work, if you would like to use it or print it in anyway you need to ask my permission first in the comments. I also would like PRIVACY to myself.

Commetary talk :

 cyberbullying is painful and can be horrid, for all of  us on the internet and myself I would like to request that you guys only comment positive comments and requests, also please privacy. I do not like cyberbullying.

Thanks for understanding,

Ms.Spice






No comments:

Post a Comment